Content writing is getting popular these days, and the idea of starting a blog will put you one step ahead. As the world is evolving, people are in need to learn a lot. Writing a detailed blog on a specified topic that a reader understands is a never-ending demand in this world. Blog writing doesn’t have to be confined to a particular person, it can be written by anyone from any department, in any kind of environment.
Creating blogs and making people learn new things is passionate work, which involves personal development. In this blog post, let us discuss how to start a blog and detailed ways to make money through it.
|How to Start a Blog in 2023 (Complete Guide) Niche Ideas|
What is a Blog?
A blog is concerned with an online journal or a web page that gives comprehensive information/content on a given topic. Blogging allows an individual to share his knowledge or expertise on a particular topic or subject. Blogs are written for giving some kind of information to the reader or provide entertainment. Blogs are updated on a regular basis in order to provide the latest insight on any certain topic.
There are different types of blogs like Tech blogs, Food blogs, Travel blogs, Lifestyle blogs, Health blogs, Personal care blogs, Fashion and Beauty blogs, etc and people can read the one according to their choice.
Benefits of Starting a Blog:
Making a blog and writing content of different niches (we will talk about this) is a work that helps in many aspects.
- Self-Development: it is a great skill for a person who can give detailed information on any topic in a systematic and structured manner.
- Monetizing: With enough back work, one can easily earn a good amount of money by creating a blog. It will be enough worth the amount of work done.
- Create a Community: Blogging will help you to connect with people having similar tastes and interests as you. It can be beneficial for further career opportunities.
How to Start a Successful Blog: 7 Steps
1. Prioritize a Niche
Knowing what to write is the basic step of any type of content writing. It is necessary to consider a specified area of topics you choose to write about. Having a target audience and understanding their level of knowledge on a given topic will help you to write precisely and effectively.
How to Pick a Blog Niche?
Now comes the main question of how to prioritize a niche. Let us look into some of the ways to select a niche.
- Personal interest: Select the topics that you are interested in and are passionate about. Sit down and start to write things that you talk about daily. It may be fashion, cooking, religion, cooking, or any other topic.
- Popularity: Check Google Trends on how many searches are made on the topics you have chosen. It is important to check the reader count to make a profitable blog.
- Competition Analysis: Check for the competition you would face if you started writing on a specified topic. Having a niche with more searches and a smaller number of competitors would create enough traffic for your blog.
2. Select the Blog Name and Domain
While creating a good blog, it is necessary to have a good blog name and domain. A blog should have a short and precise name, which can be searched on the internet. Select the name based on the keywords of the niche you have selected. Try to avoid using numbers or other special characters unless necessary.
3. Pick a Hosting Platform
Web hosting is concerned with a service in which storage space on a server is provided to you to store the information that you have written or added to your blog. Every picture you use and every word you type will be stored by the host. On the internet, there are numerous web hosting platforms available, both free and paid. Some of the popular web hosting platforms in the market are:
- Google Cloud Hosting
After selecting a web host, the first step is to create a website/blog. Every web host these days has easy steps to create a website. Enter the domain name that you have selected before. Select a preferable subscription plan and pay accordingly. Now you own a website where you can write and recreate.
4. Setting Up Content Management System (CMS)
A Content Management System is the place where you can develop the website you own. We can customize the website with good-looking themes and also make it user-friendly. WordPress.org is the most popular and free CMS that is present in the market. Nearly more than 50% of bloggers use WordPress. It is preferable to install WordPress with the website. There are other available alternatives for WordPress such as Zyro, Blogger, Squarespace, and many more. WordPress has themes that help your website look user-friendly. Select a theme that suits your niche and make changes according to your interest. Be Creative. Use pictures and effects to make it look funky. Now your website is ready.
5. Create Your First Blog
Start to write your first blog! Use a good heading for the topic. Attract the audience with your writing style and creative outlook. For creating a better blog, here are some actionable blogging tips for beginners:
- Use Friendly and Easy Language: Write as if you are talking to a close friend. Semi-formal language usage will be good while writing a blog. Avoid using bigger words that are difficult to understand without a dictionary.
- Use Headings and Sub-headings Properly: Divide the topic into headings and sub-headings. Be careful while making these. Use bold letters for headings. Make it appear simple and understated.
- Use Images /Graphs / Charts: The effective usage of images and graphs will help the user to understand better. The creative use of images will impress the reader.
- Provide Resources: Give useful links about the topics that are internal to the main topic to the reader. This helps the reader to know about the actual context of the topic reading.
- Website SEO: Ensure the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) part including on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO, of the website properly.
6. Promote the Blog
Promoting the blog will create a larger audience. An effective promotion will make your website/blog more connected to people.
- Word of Mouth: Share in the circle of your friends. Ask them to share about the blog. Having supportive friends will boost your confidence.
- Share on Social Media: Share on the walls of your social media. This will create a talk in the people out of the circle.
- Brand Promotions: Make brand promotions. Make it an open place for promotions for trusted and genuine businesses.
- Write about Other Blogs: Reach out to other bloggers and befriend them. Ask for a mutual shoutout. Growing together will the competitors is the true sign of integrity.
7. Monetize the Blog
Earn money by blogging. Here are some ideas for making money from your blog.
- Promote Others in Your Blog: This is the most effective way of earning money. Companies pay a decent amount for advertising their brands. Google AdSense is a good platform to reach out to advertise to others.
- Paid Blogs: Write blogs on the sponsors. Find the companies that are relatable to the niche you have selected and write about them. A full detailed blog about them will make their brand rise.
- Linking with Websites: Usage of their brand through the link you have provided will get you paid. In subscriptive-based products, you can even make referral codes to the readers with the help of the companies.
Which are the Best Blogging Tools?
There are many blogging and SEO tools available out there, some of these are:
- Google Keyword Planner
- Thrive Leads
Blogging is a creative field where you can help people to improve their knowledge. Stepping into the world of blogging will help you both personally and professionally. It can develop your creative writing skills in addition to helping you earn a side income.
Q1. Are blogs still relevant in 2023?
Ans: Yes blogs are still relevant in 2023 and people do read blogs, some for entertainment purposes and some to gain knowledge. Hence blogging is not dead and is still a very popular way of sharing knowledge. .
Q2. What’s the difference between a blog and a website?
Ans: The basic difference between a blog and a website is that blogs are constantly updated as per the need and new information & more dynamic in nature while the website remains static for a longer period of time and the changes are not done constantly. Also, a blog can be more of an informal type whereas a website is generally more formal and professional. .
Q3. How often should I blog?
Ans: As per the experts, regular blogging can be done 3-4 times a week for increasing a transaction from the content that you are writing. This means a blogger must write up to 12-15 blogs per month as it keeps your page active for a longer period of time. .
Q4. Are blogs dead?
Ans: No blogs are not dead, in fact, in current times blogs are active and better sources of information. Also, as per surveys, blogs boast approx 4 million readers since 2010. .
Q5. What has replaced blogging?
Ans: Nothing has completely replaced blogging, it’s just things have taken a bigger picture that is called content marketing. It does not only include writing a blog but marketing in a correct way so that it reaches the right audience, and helps in earning a good amount. .
Q6. What kind of blogs are popular in 2023?
Ans: These are the best kind of blogs popular in 2023:
Personal care Blog
Fashion and Beauty Blog.