In this article, we will discuss what is Brute Force Algorithm and what are its pros and cons. Below given are some features of the brute force algorithm are:
- It is an intuitive, direct, and straightforward technique of problem-solving in which all the possible ways or all the possible solutions to a given problem are enumerated.
- Many problems solved in day-to-day life using the brute force strategy, for example exploring all the paths to a nearby market to find the minimum shortest path.
- Arranging the books in a rack using all the possibilities to optimize the rack spaces, etc.
- In fact, daily life activities use a brute force nature, even though optimal algorithms are also possible.
|Brute Force Approach and its pros and cons|
PROS AND CONS OF BRUTE FORCE ALGORITHM:
- The brute force approach is a guaranteed way to find the correct solution by listing all the possible candidate solutions for the problem.
- It is a generic method and not limited to any specific domain of problems.
- The brute force method is ideal for solving small and simpler problems.
- It is known for its simplicity and can serve as a comparison benchmark.
- The brute force approach is inefficient. For real-time problems, algorithm analysis often goes above the O(N!) order of growth.
- This method relies more on compromising the power of a computer system for solving a problem than on a good algorithm design.
- Brute force algorithms are slow.
- Brute force algorithms are not constructive or creative compared to algorithms that are constructed using some other design paradigms.
Brute force algorithm is a technique that guarantees solutions for problems of any domain helps in solving the simpler problems and also provides a solution that can serve as a benchmark for evaluating other design techniques, but takes a lot of run time and inefficient.
Post a Comment